There’s a new patch coming early next week. The highlight of this patch is the addition of exploration history – previously explored star systems and planets will remain visible when they’re no longer in scanner range!
While implementing exploration history, we saw a suggestion in the community related to visibility. That it should be possible to see the owner of a UFO if you have a treaty with the UFO’s owner. We think it’s a great idea and want to do it, but thought about taking it a step further and wanted to run it by you first:
Extending scanner visibility
Scanners should detect the owner of a UFO (a UFO is a fleet in scanner range but not sensor range).
- Intel on the fleet itself (e.g. the ships and their configuration) will remain unavailable until the fleet is in sensor range (as it works now)
- As you would know the owner of the fleet, if you have a treaty with them the fleet will be coloured green
Because it would give players the opportunity to interact with each other sooner. And in early game the sensor range of ship scanners is quite tight, so you almost have to intercept a fleet just to find out who the owner is.
What do you think? Sound like a good idea? Please let us know on the forum if you have any concerns (it wouldn’t be ready for the next patch, but we would want to include it in the patch after).
Next week’s patch
Early next week we’ll be releasing the v103 patch and we wanted to give you a quick heads up on what will be in it:
- Exploration history: you’ll finally be able to see previously explored stars and planets when they are no longer in range of your scanners.
- Russian language: the first additional language supported. We’ll add more languages as soon as we can.
- Colonizing a planet with two populations bug: for the last week it’s not been possible to colonize a planet if there are two populations. This bug will be fixed in this patch.
There are a couple of other bugs we have our eyes on but aren’t sure if they will be fixed in time for the patch. But we’ll let you know about all changes in the patch notes when it’s released.
So enjoy the rest of your weekend and we’ll see you next week 🙂
– The Outscape dev team