Our designers are working on some UI improvements and we wanted to give you a sneak peek. They should be in the game in one of the next few updates.
Star map and star system enhancements
A popular request from players has been to increase the quality of the strategic info at higher levels (the star map and star system views) to avoid having to go closer to look.
For example, the ability to see from the star map which systems have a shipyard, how populated a system is, and the same for each planet when within a system.
Click the below screenshots for a closer look:
- Numbers next to a star or planet name represent the size of the population
- The shape around the population number – circle or hexagon – indicates whether a shipyard is present or not (circle if no shipyard, hexagon if there is)
- The colours of the labels and objects indicate the presence of player, ally, or unknown/hostile units (in preparation for treaties which we’ll be working on soon)
- In a system view, additional icons are used above a planet to indicate things like a labour shortage, power outage, rioting etc.
- Hovering these new labels will also trigger popup panels with more details (not shown)
Easier fleet management
Fleet management also has some improvements on the way. The below screenshot shows how these new panels will look.
Other changes to fleet management include the fleet icon and context menus, which will make it possible to form fleets and separate ships from a fleet from the map directly, without having to zoom to the fleet management level.
We’ll be back soon with another update 🙂