The new v106 patch has just been released on Steam. There’s a new minor faction, German language support, some feature tweaks, but more importantly for many of you – some very annoying bugs have been fixed!
German In-game Translation Now Available
Outscape is now available in German as well as English and Russian! You can change the language used in-game from the game lobby (top right corner).
It’s likely there’ll be some mistakes and room for improvement with the text. So we’ve put up a copy of the full language file where you can suggest corrections if you’d like (see here for details). Thank you to all of you that have already helped and suggested improvements 🙂
French Translation Help
We’ve also put up a sheet for those of you that expressed an interest in helping to get a French translation done (see here for details). We do plan to get a French translation done, but no translator will likely do as good a job as players, so even just translating a few fields in advance would help improve the quality.
Zonikloids – New Minor Faction
A new minor faction has been added, Zonikloids:
“Zonikloids are an amphibious species equally at home on land or in water. Although their bodies are fairly weak, they have the wondrous quality of being able to generate strong electrical fields which they have harnessed into powerful biotech that can significantly boost the power generated by a colony.”
- Zonikloids automatically triple the energy output of all power stations on a colony
- They’ve been spawned into Skirmish and Main galaxies and can be found on random, uncolonized planets within their climate tolerance range
Like the new colonization module that was added a couple of weeks ago, the Zonikoids were mostly finished a while ago but for one reason or another weren’t then fully integrated into the game. It’s a similar story for large energy weapons – but it’s their turn to be implemented next!
Play with Friends Improvements
If a home planet is abandoned/reset in the first 28 days its resources and population are reset (buildings are already removed in these scenarios). We also planned in this patch to disable spawn codes being used if another player has already colonized a planet in that system, but we need to rework a few other things to be able to do that and couldn’t get it in this patch.
A couple of players reported that when using a spawn code they were spawned on to a different planet – not the planet their friend had reserved for them. We found the likely cause and have fixed it in this patch. So please let us know if you do see this happen again.
Finally, in case you haven’t seen it yet, the Pre-Beta galaxy will end (get turned off) on Wednesday Feb 5th at 12:00 UTC (in about a week). The Pre-Beta galaxy was superceded by the Main galaxy launched in October as part of Outscape’s Early Access release on Steam and naturally the majority of the players have since moved across to Main.
We’ll be back soon, catch you on the forums 🙂
– The Outscape dev team
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- German in-game translation now available: the language selection option is available from the game lobby only (see here to suggest improvements)
- If a home planet is abandoned/reset in the first 28 days its resources and population are reset (the buildings are already removed in this scenario)
- Jettison pod expiration countdowns are reset to 48 hours whenever they are transferred to/from
- New Zonikloids minor faction added – they triple the energy generated by each power station on a colony
- When redeeming a spawn code players were sometimes spawned on to a different planet instead
- Treaties: when a player left a galaxy their treaties with other players weren’t completely cleared which lead to issues for those still playing that had a treaty with them e.g. broken pending treaty proposals, a broken treaty showing if the player then rejoins
- Ripchee Hunter: it wasn’t possible to install the medium assault troop module
- There was an issue with fleets auto-fetching resources when another fleet was at the same position as what the fleet was fetching from
- In the last patch an issue with invisible fleets was fixed, but another less frequent cause was found and fixed
- One of the most frequent causes of UI errors related to tooltips in planet management has been fixed (the devs have a list of the most frequent causes of UI errors which they’re working through)
- Switching galaxies via the lobby e.g. leaving Skirmish and then joining Main is sometimes causing a client error. This has been partially fixed in this patch. There are several issues causing it, they haven’t all been fixed yet, so please let us know if you are still seeing these errors when switching.
- Control centers captured by Syntis were wrongly increasing their fleet limits (if you are already over the Syntis fleet limit because control centers were enabling you to exceed it, nothing will change, but you won’t be able to produce more fleets until your number of fleets are within the original Syntis fleet limits)
- Orbit defense systems attacked fleets even after they had left orbit
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.