We’ve just pushed a new patch out via Steam. It’s primarily a server maintenance patch but it does include a few other changes and bug fixes:
Features and changes
- Important news will be displayed in the game lobby. It’s easy for players to miss important news posted to the blog and other channels e.g. if a galaxy is planned to close in the future. Updates in the game lobby should help ensure players see important news and reduce confusion
- If the game client is launched while the servers are offline for a planned reason e.g. maintenance or a patch release, a message dialog will appear to clarify
- Optimizations that improve server performance
- When preparing to launch an invasion the estimated time the invasion would take was inaccurate e.g. it showed 2 hours but immediately after launching the timer showed 9 hours
- Fleets stuck in a planet couldn’t be moved out again. If you have a fleet that is stuck in a planet, you should be able to move it out now (we’re still trying to find what’s causing them to get stuck in the first place)
- An issue related to treaties and player history was triggering a client error (more details
- Several issues that caused separate server crashes
Please note: the galaxy’s visual design will look differently to how it did before the patch. The devs are testing something and the visual design will likely be changed again in the next patch. We’re keen to hear if any of you notice a significant change in FPS (let us know here).
It’s been a while since we posted an update for you about plans for Outscape and anything that’s been going on behind the scenes. We’re putting something together now and will share it with you as soon as we can. Apologies to those of you still waiting for a galaxy to join, news will be included with this update.
See you next week and have a great weekend 🙂
– The Outscape dev team
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.