Alpha patch 0.775 has just been released via Steam to all Alpha players. This patch includes a few gameplay enhancements, bug fixes, and serverside changes to help resolve the periodic lag in the game.
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.
Buildings vanishing without a trace
A number of players have reported colony structures disappearing without an explanation. What we found was that the buildings had been destroyed by rioting, but the related notification had stopped working.
The notification has been fixed in this patch, and we made a couple of other changes based on the player discussions we saw related to this issue:
- Shipyards and climate stations can no longer be destroyed while a colony is rioting
- When the happiness rate is negative, the rate of decline has slowed to give players more of an opportunity to resolve the issue
If after this update you do have any issues with buildings disappearing without a notification to explain why, please let us know in the forums.
Periodic server lag
At certain times of the day the game is frustratingly unresponsive. In this patch, the devs have made some optimizations that should help reduce it to some degree, and have added additional debug code to help get it fully resolved as quickly as possible.
Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused – please let us know in the forums whether this update has helped with the lag.
A big thank you to the community for your valuable input that contributed to this patch, and for participating in the recent player survey – the game will be all the better for it!
We’ll be back with another update soon 🙂
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- Added a quit galaxy button to game slots in the lobby:
- It appears over the top right of the game slot when hovering the mouse over it
- Only available 7 days after joining a galaxy
- There is a confirmation dialog in case the button is accidentally clicked
- After quitting a galaxy, you can rejoin the same galaxy but all previous progress will have been lost when quitting
- Updated skin for UI modal popups
- Four new soundtracks added to the game
- Shipyards and climate stations cannot be destroyed while a colony is rioting
- During an orbital strike there is much less chance of any of the following buildings being destroyed: shipyard, climate station, orbit defense system, farms and power stations
- When happiness is negative, it will decline at a slower rate (limited to -0.5 max)
- Credits are earned when buildings on a planet built by another civ/unknown origin are dismantled
- Notifications related to structures being destroyed by rioting had stopped (the type of structure destroyed is also stated)
- Cancelling the dismantling of a building that was built by another civ/unknown origin didn’t return the building
- Orbital strike: too many bombs were launched against a planet
- Ships were taking too long to fire at the start of the battle
- Battles with a very large number of torpedo launchers involved were causing the game client to crash