Features and changes
- A new orbit defense building has been added. It will automatically fire at enemy ships in a planet’s orbit and any invasion force heading to the planet’s surface (assault troops in drop-capsules). New players will start with one on their home planets, existing players can research and construct them. More info to come in a follow-up blog post.
- Pirates have been modified in line with community feedback: new players will be attacked less and see less of their fleets; while pirate spawning, movement and behavior have all been improved.
- Icons for deep mining technologies have been updated.
- The server clock was running slower than real-time.
- Colonization orders were failing (ship would just stop, sometimes with a lack of fuel notification).
- Fleet interception wasn’t working. Instead of intercepting the fleet’s current position, its last position was intercepted.
- Minefields were dropping to 0% density, not being removed, and causing damage to fleets. Additional hits were also being done to fleets which shouldn’t have been.
- Planet invasions could take a disproportionately long time based on the army sizes involved e.g. 200 troops against a planet population of 50k could take 20 days.
- It was possible for an infinite loop of battles to take place between a fleet on guard mode in a planet’s orbit and a fleet entering the orbit.
- The cause of frequent “DBTextService request failed: 500 Internal Server Error” notifications has been fixed.