The latest update to Alpha has just gone out and should already be available on Steam to Alpha players.
There are a few bug fixes and a couple of new features included in this update. One of which, is one of the most frequently requested features players have been asking for in the forum.
Last known state of a planet
Up til now, detailed real-time info about a planet was only possible while a ship was within its orbit. As soon as the ship left orbit, it was no longer possible to see its resources or whether it was colonized by another player or not.
With this update, it’s now possible to see the last known state of a planet previously visited. This will be possible via the planet management and galaxy overview screens. Real-time data about the planet will become available again once a ship next enters orbit.
To the victor go the spoils
The winning fleet in battle is now rewarded with loot (beron, farsu, limbalt and ziryl for now) captured from the wreckage of its vanquished opponent. To receive its winnings, the winning fleet must have available cargo space, otherwise, the loot is lost to deep space…
We’ll be back soon 🙂
Full release notes
Features and changes
- View planet’s last known state when no fleet is within its orbit
- A winning fleet in battle is awarded a loot of resources from the destroyed ships (winning fleet must have sufficient cargo space)
- A few planets had a population fluctuating up and down rapidly which was causing a number of issues on the planet e.g. mines not working
- Selecting the torpedo launcher in ship designer was triggering an error
- The Syntis torpedo launcher wasn’t displaying
- Missiles weren’t working correctly
- Structures didn’t have correct tooltips related to desirability