We’ve just released a new patch. It follows today’s earlier big announcement about the new Pre-Beta galaxy launching this Sunday August 11th. If you haven’t seen that announcement you can find it here.
In this patch we have a new tutorial system, some usability improvements, client and server performance optimizations and some annoying bugs have been squashed.
New tutorial system
A tutorial system was added to the game some time ago but until now hadn’t been properly configured.
The new tutorial will walk a new player through the early stages of the game and make it much easier to get to grips with.
You can turn it off and on again at any time or restart it from the beginning (click the settings icon on the top right corner of the tutorial panel). If you do notice any issues with it or have any suggestions please let us know! We will be making further optimizations to it so your feedback will be appreciated.
Game client optimizations
Game client performance had started to degrade again recently for players with large empires or lots of ships in a system.
The devs have spent some time fixing several related issues and have achieved an increase in FPS and more responsiveness from the game client. If you see any poor game client performance that you think we need to take a look at please let us know.
Check out the full release notes below for details on what else has changed in this patch.
Thanks everyone, see you on Sunday in the new galaxy 🙂
– The Outscape dev team
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- New player tutorial system has been integrated
- A planet’s status is now clear (below the planet’s name a label states whether it’s colonized or not, if the player needs to enter orbit to see)
- Client and server performance improvements
- Interceptions within a system were failing (the intercepting fleet would stop when it arrived at the position of the moving fleet and not pursue it)
- Structures that weren’t supposed to be affected by certain actions e.g. rioting, bombing, were being affected/destroyed
- Clicks in the ship designer weren’t always registering, especially when FPS was low
- Galaxy overview triggered an exception when filtering fleets
- Auto colony development was building Syntis medicinal happiness centers when there was no organic second population
- Auto colony development wasn’t calculating employment status correctly so was ordering construction during a labour shortage
- Battle results showed the player as having won the battle before the result had been calculated
- Editing a fleet’s name would reset while typing in the box
- Resource info was displayed inconsistently across planet management tooltips