Alpha patch 0.937 has been released today via Steam to all Alpha players. Yes, the 3rd patch of the week! We needed to apply a hotfix to the servers related to this morning’s issues, but thought as we had a few other changes ready – why not push out another patch? There are a few changes and bug fixes – less notification spam should be nice 🙂 Check out the Full patch notes below for full details.
We’ll be back soon,
– The Outscape dev team
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- A battle now stops any special fleet activity e.g. cloaked mode, cloak detecting, minesweeping/detecting. If the fleet survives the battle, that special activity will need to be activated again (we know this isn’t ideal in certain situations e.g. a fleet is sweeping a minefield, it’s attacked, wins the battle, but won’t automatically resume sweeping until ordered to do so – but there are a lot of crashes related to these mechanics so we are making this change now for stability and will revisit this area after).
- Many spammy/useless notifications have been disabled (the info is pushed to the log for the related unit instead, so the information will still be available if you need to find it). For example, the notification that appeared immediately after you transferred resources – telling you that you have just transferred resources… that notification will no longer appear.
- Notifications that can play a cutscene when clicked have had a play icon added to make it clearer.
- Cutscenes for bombing and invasions now also show for the player attacked.
- Military Codex and Tactical Coordination technologies now increase the physical strength of defensive troops in military bases by 100% each (the increase was only 10% before). E.g. if the strength of defensive troops is 1, researching the first technology will increase it to 2, and then researching the second technology will increase it to 4 (you’ll get these increases even if you already unlocked these techs).
- Added info for troop/home guard strength to the invasion menu screen.
- The number of colonists or troops that can be transferred to a planet can no longer exceed the maximum population limit the planet can support (the population limit based on farms can be exceeded – but the colonists exceeding the limit will begin to die).
- Small assault troop modules weren’t available in the ship designer for People’s Realm Izvil hull.
- Invasion time estimations were wrong on the invasion menu when the planet had an orbital defence installed (the calculation didn’t take into account likely assault troop losses if the planet had an orbital defense system installed).
- The wrong population growth rate was displayed when viewing an enemy planet if the growth rate was influenced by an unlocked tech e.g. a Syntis population that had unlocked a temperature tolerance increase.
- The ‘MAX’ and ‘-’ buttons on a transfer screen weren’t always enabled when they should have been.
- Trying to construct a ship from a deleted blueprint caused a crash.
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.