Alpha patch 0.862 has been released today via Steam to all Alpha players. This patch includes different bug fixes related to research tree and calculating population growth as well as some other bug fixes and improvements.
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.
Olzine management and consumption is the one of the most discussed topics right now – and justifiably so!
In this patch a couple of changes have been made to increase efficiency of travelling at warp. From now on, small and medium ships will use far less olzine to traverse the galaxy.
The first cutscene has been added to the game. After the update, you should see it when you next colonize a new planet 🙂
At the moment only a frozen planet is shown, but more planet environments will be added so that the planet shown reflects the planet being colonized.
And it won’t be long until we add additional cutscenes for other events, e.g. orbital bombing, invading a planet, etc..
Thanks everyone, we’ll be back soon.
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- People’s Realm Death Warrant hull size has been decreased. As a result it will use less fuel for moving. Other stats stay the same.
- Fuel consumption formula has been reworked. Efficiency of non-baseline engines has been increased.
- New animation cutscene for planet colonization (at the moment it shows a frozen planet each time but more will be added).
- Civilization page shows the temperature range that is comfortable for your civilization instead of its temperature tolerance (which was shown only as LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH).
- The total number of planets and fleets the Syntis can manage through researching technology has been increased.
- Stats related to fuel consumption and a ship’s weapon types have been added to shipyard construction page and ship blueprint tooltip.
- The number of fleets a Control Center level 1 can support has been increased to 2 (previously it was 1).
- Population growth rate wasn’t updating correctly in the game client
- Syntis technology responsible for extending their temperature range tolerance wasn’t working
- Cargo containers lvl2 were the same as cargo lvl1
- Ripchee tech tree had a wrong dependency for Beam weapon technology
- People’s Realm Escallop hull was Tier 1 instead of Tier 2.
- Incorrect fuel consumption stats were shown.
- The number of constructed labs shown on the tooltip on the top menu bar was sometimes wrong