It’s only been 3 days since the new galaxy launched and the 0.85 Alpha patch was released – but the devs have managed to prepare this new 0.86 Alpha patch already 🙂 It’s just been released via Steam to all Alpha players.
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.
Improvements to balance for the new galaxy
We’ve very pleased with how the new ‘Alpha 3’ galaxy has started. But influenced by what we’ve seen/heard from players over the weekend, wanted to make what improvements we could as soon as possible!
Corruption dialled down
The effect of ‘corruption’ was way too strong so it’s been dialled down. It’s now much easier to get to 20/25 colonies before corruption becomes a significant issue for a player’s empire.
Let us know what you think about the new galaxy
If you’ve had a chance to play in the new Alpha 3 galaxy – please let us know what you think so far on the forum – ideally after evaluating the changes made in this patch 🙂
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- The effects of corruption have been dialled down a lot (it’s much easier to get to 20/25 colonies before corruption becomes a significant issue)
- Number of additional fleets a Control Center can support has been reduced
- Population density for Ripchee increased to 1.5 to compensate for the small population cap caused by their affinity to warm climates (70%)
- Population density for Syntis decreased to 0.7 to compensate for the high population cap caused by their affinity to hot climates (10%)
- Technology related to unlocking power generators for ships has been moved down the tech tree so they are accessible earlier in the game
- Ship scanner power consumption decreased from 50 to 25 (to permit usage of 2 small power weapons on small ships with the default engine)
- Energy supplied to a ship by its engines slightly increased (excluding base engine)
- Cost increase for engines capable of free warp speed higher than 1
- Beam weapon’s power consumption reduced by 37.5%.
- Fuel consumption for all People’s Realm engines decreased by 30%
- Fuel consumption for all Syntis engines decreased by 20%
- Wreckage life time decreased to 24 hours (to avoid cluttering systems after battles with pirates)
- Cost of jettison pods increased from 100 up to 400 farsu
- Added a confirmation popup when attempting to colonize a planet with a deadly climate for the player’s civ
- Planet scanner technology was already unlocked for Syntis on the tech tree
- It was possible to arrange ships too close to each other when swapping ships around in a fleet
- Upgrading a military camp didn’t actually upgrade it
- Various optimizations to improve backend/database performance.