Alpha patch 0.785 has just been released via Steam to all Alpha players. There are a couple of UI/UX changes and small bug fixes which are explained below.
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.
Setting to control fleet selection from its trajectory line
In the last update, the ability to select a fleet by clicking its trajectory line was reintroduced. Players with many fleets didn’t like the change as it made working in the star map awkward, so we’ve made it configurable via the Smart trajectories setting, as players with fewer fleets still find it useful (it is enabled by default).
Reskinned star system menu and new behaviour
The star system context menu has been updated, including a new icon to indicate if a planet has a shipyard (this has also been added to the tooltip that appears when hovering the star system label). This is a continuation of the last update where a hexagonal icon was added to a star system label to indicate there is at least one planet with a shipyard in that system.
The new star system label behaviour works as follows:
- Hover the label to show the enhanced tooltip
- Single left-click the label to open the below menu
- Double left-click the label to enter that system
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- Added setting to enable/disable fleet selection by clicking its trajectory line
- Reskinned the star system context menu and changed the behaviour for single and double clicks (single click to open the menu, double click to enter the system)
- Fixed inconsistent data displaying on star system labels
- There was a delay in updating the visibility of enemy fleets when entering the orbit of an enemy planet (making it appear there weren’t any fleets for up to 15 seconds)
- Fleets were showing in the context menu for a star system when they weren’t actually in the system (they were heading to/from it instead)