We’ve just pushed a small stability patch to Steam.
It’s mostly minor bug fixes but one of the bugs fixed was causing a lot of frustration for players due to its frequency. A game client error was triggered in multiple scenarios but most commonly when opening chat (see here). Apologies to those of you that were affected by it!
If you’re enjoying Outscape please help us out and let others know by rating us on Steam.
Thanks, see you soon
– The Outscape dev team
Full patch notes v117
Features and changes
- Home planet minimum surface deposits increased: Beron from 6k to 10k, Farsu from 3k to 8k, all others from 3k to 5k
- An exception was triggered in multiple scenarios but most commonly when opening chat (see here)
- The correct amount of science points weren’t always deducted from the balance when ordering research of a technology
- Fleet guards were able to travel beyond the newbie protected zone. They still will when pursuing a fleet but will quickly catch the fleet and return. If necessary we can add extra checks to break off their interception if they travel too far away.
- When editing the alliance info the ‘tag’ field was wrongly flagged as not unique (in reference to your own use of the tag)
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.