We pushed a new patch earlier today. There are a few new features, changes and bug fixes. You can find the full details below.
We weren’t planning to release this patch today. But this morning one of the game servers went down for a few hours and it was better to push the changes we had ready alongside applying a fix to bring the servers back online.
While the servers were experiencing issues earlier the game was launching as normal but no orders were processed e.g. ordering a fleet to move or a building to construct had no effect. Apologies to those of you that were affected by this.
We’ll be back soon with more details of the new faster galaxy that’s coming soon!
– The Outscape dev team
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- Invasion cutscene and report: after an invasion you can now see the strength of both forces at the moment the invasion result was calculated. This should make it easier for players to see why an invasion was won/lost. Because the probability of winning can decrease if the defender is able to reinforce their defenses by transferring more troops to the planet or training more troops after the launch of the invasion.
- Minefields: it’s no longer possible to lay minefields on top of each other. However, the stacking ability of minesweepers hasn’t been removed yet. We intend to push a follow-up update as soon as we can – probably later today – that will disable stacked minesweeping (it’s being finalized at the moment).
- Battles: you will now be rewarded with credits for winning a battle – including against pirates. The credits are added automatically to your balance and are relative to the cost of the ships destroyed (half of their value currently). The notification will tell you how many credits you earned. Looking for a quick credit boost in early game? Destroy some pirates!
- Pirates are a little smarter and will occasionally try to avoid an attack
- Some notifications have had a voice part added e.g. native population discovered, technology researched, new ship constructed. This can be turned off in the game options.
- A galaxy closed to new players can still be joined using a spawn code
- Wreckages weren’t being removed after their timer had expired. It won’t happen moving forwards, but we still need to clean up those that are in the game already
- Auto-transfer resources: when boosted warp was active fleets wouldn’t start the journey if they didn’t have enough fuel for the return leg. The fleet will now start with boosted warp and use free warp if it doesn’t have enough fuel for the next leg. However, we still need to make the change that enables the fleet to refuel at the destination planet. At the moment it will only refill at the source planet.
- An issue related to wreckages was causing the server to occasionally crash
- It was possible to start research of a government building before its preceding level
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.