Patch v112 has now been released. There are a couple of bug fixes and some rebalancing for the Government Buildings (Central AI Node for Syntis) that were added in the new Skirmish 2 and Main 2 galaxies.
If you haven’t yet started playing in either of these new galaxies you can find out more about them here.
Improvements to the New Government Buildings
Your empire has one government building (Central AI Node for Syntis) that massively boosts credit income on that colony.
In a new game you start with it pre-built on your home planet, but you can move it to another planet at any time if you choose.
Government Building Now Also Boosts Population Growth
We noticed that in the new galaxies population had become a bit of a bottleneck in the early stages. So we added a 50% population growth rate to the government building.
The knock-on effects of the faster growing population will be more credits and more personnel to construct more buildings.
Before this patch all 5 levels of government building had +0.5 desirability (the amount of happiness they contribute to the colony).
With this patch levels 2 to 5 have had their desirability increased. See here for the new stats. This has been done to make it easier to manage happiness on your capitol colony without needing to build as many entertainment centers – and freeing up that extra population for other buildings.
Syntis can benefit from this too if they decide to dismantle and rebuild their Central AI Node on a colony with an organic population – which we know some of you have opted for 🙂
Check out the full patch notes below for the rest of the changes.
Thanks everyone, take care of yourselves and we’ll be back with more news soon.
– The Outscape dev team
Full patch notes
Features and changes
- Galaxy overview ‘My Empire’ tab:
- Employment stats have been added
- Buildings and ships displayed in construction queues can be hovered for more details
- Government buildings:
- All civs:
- 50% population growth boost
- Which will compensate for the hit to population growth after we removed the 5 x T3 city centers from home planets
- It will also provide more income because you have more colonists to tax sooner
- And a larger workforce sooner for construction
- Desirability increased for levels 2 to 5 (more happiness contributed to colony)
- Before: 0.5 for all levels
- Now: 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 4.0, 8.0 (levels 1 to 5)
- Making happiness easier to manage on your capitol colony without needing to build as many entertainment centers and freeing up population for other buildings
- Syntis will also be able to benefit from this boost if they relocate their Central AI Node to a colony with an organic population
- People’s Realm: corruption immunity increased for levels 2 to 5
- Before: 1, 3, 6, 9, 12
- Now: 1, 4, 8, 12, 14
- People’s Realm were supposed to have extra corruption immunity as a civ bonus but this wasn’t being applied
- False flag: notifications could sometimes contain the original fleet name instead of the fleet name ‘pirate’ (it happened after a battle if the attacking fleet was still in sensor range when disabling false flag mode)
- Spawn codes: if a player was already playing in a galaxy when they tried to use a spawn code the notification gave a different, wrong reason instead of explaining that you can’t join a galaxy you are already playing in with a spawn code (you would need to leave/lose that game first to be able to rejoin it with a spawn code)
- City center boost was applied after government building boost had already been applied rather than alongside it. This lead to the possibility to generate excessively high hourly incomes that broke balance e.g. 20-40k/hr credits in a couple of weeks. Therefore the formula was tweaked in this patch to reduce this boost: Before: Income = tax x gov_boost x city_centers_boost; After: Income = tax x (gov_boost + city_centers_boost). Although your income will drop on your capitol planet if you have built a lot of city centers, population growth is being boosted in this patch which will partly compensate moving forwards.
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.