We’ve got another bug fix patch for you today. While there aren’t any new features, some of the bugs that have been fixed were significant and caused a lot of frustration.
Which is why we’ve pushed this patch today on a Friday (the 13th) rather than waiting until early next week. One of the bugs in particular was preventing players from entering the galaxy, and we expected more players would have been affected by it over the weekend – which releasing the patch today should avoid! And the devs will be keeping an eye on things in case any serious issues come up over the weekend.
- Fleet docks: it wasn’t possible to dock a fleet at a planet where the population had reached its maximum limit – even if the fleet wasn’t carrying any colonists or troops
- Fleet docks: docked fleets were destroyed when a fleet dock was upgraded – even if the upgrade was cancelled before it completed
- Fleet data was corrupted after certain scenarios. The corrupted fleet could then prevent a player from logging into their game or cause game client errors when accessing that fleet in the game e.g. galaxy overview, selecting it.
- It was possible for Syntis to exceed their planet cap if after launching an invasion the population was removed or wiped out e.g. the last colonist was killed by bombing, the colony owner reset (because the planet was awarded by default to the invader). Now, it won’t be possible for Syntis to launch an invasion if they are at their planet cap and an invasion will automatically fail at the end if awarding the planet to Syntis would take them over their planet cap. This restriction for Syntis not being able to invade while at their planet cap will be addressed when independent colonies are added.
- Exploration history has been resetting for some players. We’ve not found a definite cause for this yet, but in this patch we’ve added some additional safeguards and checks against it happening again. If after updating to this patch your exploration history is reset some point in the future, please let us know so we can investigate immediately. Apologies to those of you that have been affected by this, we understand how frustrating it is.
Please let us know on the forum if you’re still affected by any of the above bugs after updating to this patch, or some other bug that is seriously hampering your game.
Have a great weekend,
– The Outscape dev team
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.