Here are the patch notes for the v122 update just released. This patch introduces two fantastic new features: Guard fleets and Steam achievements.
Fleets could only automatically guard a planet’s orbit before this patch. Enemy fleets outside orbit e.g. in a system or deep space, could only be attacked with a manual attack order (requiring you to be online). You can now order fleets to autonomously guard wider areas of space!
- Build a guard fleet control on a colony to establish a guard zone around that star system (3LY radius)
- Order one or more of your fleets to guard that zone (fleet must be in the zone first)
- Enemy fleets entering a guard zone are automatically pursued and attacked by your fleets guarding that zone (excluding pirates)
- See the wiki guard fleet control page for more details
- There are now 24 Steam achievements in Outscape – with more to come!
- Achievements commemorate your progress through Outscape but don’t provide any in-game benefits
- You can view your achievement progress through your Steam profile or the Outscape page in your Steam library
- Minefield damage in the Awaken the Dark galaxy was nerfed:
- From: 70, 300, 1200; to 20, 50, 200 (for levels 1 to 3)
- NPC guard fleets (and the new guard fleets) won’t automatically attack cloaked fleets they don’t have visibility of (in the next patch we plan to add a countdown to launch an invasion from orbit, similar to how bombing works)
- Sometimes when viewing another player’s colony the population size was incorrectly displayed as zero. Performing an action against the colony e.g. bombing it would then trigger the correct population size to be displayed. This was purely a display issue in the game client caused by an issue with caching.
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.