The last time we launched a galaxy was back in October 2019 and a lot of you have been asking for a new one. So next week, we’re launching not one, but two new galaxies for you.
The new ‘Skirmish 2’ and ‘Main 2’ galaxies will ‘big bang’ on Wednesday March 25th (we’ll confirm the time a couple of days before).
The current ‘Skirmish 1’ and ‘Main 1’ galaxies will continue. So if you are playing in those galaxies, don’t worry, you can carry on playing there. See the FAQ below for more details.
Play in a New Galaxy From the Beginning – With Friends
The launch is a fantastic opportunity to experience playing in a new galaxy from the beginning.
And it’ll be even more fun if you invite your friends to play alongside you. Particularly in these unprecedented times where most of us won’t be able to connect socially in person for a while.
If your friends can’t join you in the game, you still have the opportunity to meet other like minded players while playing Outscape. We’ve heard lots of positive feedback from players that have enjoyed making new friends and collaborating with other players they’ve met while playing. Why not join them?
New Features and Changes Also on the Way
The new galaxies will bring with them some new features and changes to address some of the balance and quality of life issues players have raised:
- Improvements to Galaxy Overview: more easily manage your colonies from a new ‘My Empire’ tab e.g. adjust the tax rate, view the construction queues.
- New Government Building: each home planet will start with one special new government building. This building will boost a colony’s credit income and an empire’s immunity to corruption. Click here for more details including what we’re doing to balance mid/late game credits.
- Max Population Balancing: planets with a single civ population will get a x1.4 max population bonus to better balance the differences between single and dual population planets. For example, if a planet has space for 500k colonists, it can either support a single population of 700k (500k x 1.4) or a double population totalling 1m (500k x 2). Click here for more details.
- Syntis fleet caps: a new technology will be added to the Syntis tech tree that will enable their fleet cap to be increased by 15-20 fleets. This is to better balance the total number of fleets the Syntis can reach vs the total fleets organic civs can reach.
- Minefield laying and sweeping costs to increase: it will cost 3 times as much limbalt to lay a minefield and 2 times as much olzine to activate a minesweeper. This is not intended to ‘solve’ minefields. But it should provide a small improvement until we have adequate time to look more deeply into what to do about minefields.
Please note: government buildings and max population balancing will not be added to the current galaxies – only to the new Skirmish 2 and Main 2 galaxies.
You can find more details about the changes coming with the new galaxies here on the forum.
That’s it for today, we’ll be back next week with more news. Wherever you are please take care and keep safe. We wish you and your families all the best.
See you soon,
– The Outscape dev team
New Galaxy FAQ
What will happen to the current Skirmish 1 and Main 1 galaxies?
The current Skirmish 1 and Main 1 galaxies will continue – they will not be removed. If you are playing in these galaxies you will be able to continue doing so. However, it will only be possible to start a new game in these galaxies using a spawn code.
Can I join a new galaxy if I’m already playing in a galaxy?
You can only play in one Skirmish and one Main galaxy at a time. So if you are already playing in Main 1 but want to play in Main 2, you’ll need to finish or reset in Main 1 first before being able to join Main 2 (likewise if you want to join Skirmish 2 but are already playing in Skirmish 1).