Calling all Galactic Leaders,
The new Awaken the Dark galaxy – Andradite – is NOW OPEN and ready for you!
Will you dominate through military might, thrive with diplomacy & trade, forge alliances or go it alone?
Why Join the New Galaxy?
Dynamically Generated Galaxy
A new cluster of stars is added to the galaxy when you join – with your home system in the middle.
Powerful NPC guard fleets protect your empire while you build up your strength.
Fleet movement, construction, technology research and growth are all much faster than in previous “Main” and “Skirmish” galaxies.
You can now order your fleets to automatically defend your systems and the surrounding areas (see more).
With guard fleets now the primary method of defending territory, minefields have been nerfed to repurpose them as tactical weapons rather than defensive barriers.
Achievements commemorate your progress through Outscape!
Rebalanced Awaken the Dark Game Mode
Andradite is the 2nd generation of the ATD game mode and includes many improvements to balance: invasion launch countdowns, guard fleets, wider scanner coverage, more powerful higher level buildings. See the patch notes below for more details.
You can join the new galaxy Andradite from the game lobby right now!
Patch notes v123
- Invasion launch countdown added: fleets can no longer launch invasions instantly from orbit. Once an invasion has been ordered it will only be launched if the end of the 12 minute countdown is reached (similar to how orbital bombing works). This gives guard fleets more of a chance to defend the invasion before it’s launched. Note: this change was added for all galaxies.
- Guard fleets: if an interception causes a guard fleet to leave the guard zone it will automatically return to the area just outside the system instead of entering it. Note: guard fleets are only in Awaken the Dark game mode galaxies right now.
- Balance changes for new Andradite galaxy only:
- Surface resources: the maximum deposit sizes possible have been increased
- Scanner ranges
- From: 35, 35, 35; To: 25, 35, 55 (LY, for levels 1 to 3)
- From: 15, 20, 25; To: 12, 18, 24 (LY, for levels 1 to 3)
- Ship hulls
- Izzvil (People’s Realm): HP increased by 40 (cost increased relatively)
- Alpha (Ripchee): HP decreased by 200 (cost decreased relatively)
- All buildings
- The first levels of buildings remain mostly the same and very affordable, but the higher levels are more expensive but also more powerful than before (in general, the power of the building’s main attribute doubles with each level increase). See this dev diary post for more details.
- Level 2 and 3 mining speeds have been decreased by about 20% but Level 2 mines can now also deep mine (at about half the speed of level 3)
- Military bases
- Required population increased from 2,000 to 5,000 for all levels, but troops supported changed from: 1,500, 1,700, 1,900 to 1,250, 2,500, 5,000 (for levels 1 to 3)
- Lab science power
- From: 1, 2, 4; To: 1, 2, 6 (for levels 1 to 3)
- Engine speeds reduced, energy provided increased
- Base: boosted warp decreased from 4 to 3
- Improved Warp Engine: boosted warp decreased from 5 to 4
- Dark Energy Engine: boosted warp decreased from 7 to 6, energy increased 125W to 150W
- Zero Gravity Engine: boosted warp decreased from 4 to 3, energy increased 175W to 200W
- Hyperspace Energy Engine: energy increased 250W to 300W
- Scout Engine: boosted warp decreased from 9 to 8
- Ship parts
- Shields & armor: power has been rebalanced to better reflect cost
- Colonization modules: level 3 adds level 2 buildings and level 4 adds level 3 buildings (the same number of buildings are added, just the higher level versions of them)
- Minefield damage
- From: 20, 50, 200; To: 10, 25, 75 (for levels 1 to 3)
- Note: the changes to Harpy changes previously mentioned haven’t been made yet (sensor range to be able to detect cloaked fleets and minefields)
Updating the game client: the game should be automatically updated via Steam. Please check here if the download doesn’t automatically start when you launch Steam.