We’re very excited to announce that Outscape is now available to buy on Early Access on Steam! Get your copy now and take advantage of the 10% launch discount (this discount expires in a few days).
By purchasing the Early Access version of Outscape, you’ll be helping us to accelerate our development velocity and deliver more features to you faster! See our post Why we need to launch on Steam Early Access to find out more.
New galaxies launched
As part of the Early Access release, two new galaxies have just been launched and are ready for you to join right now: Skirmish 1 and Main 1.
- New players: you’ll be able to join the Skirmish 1 galaxy immediately and the Main 1 galaxy after unlocking access to it by colonizing 7 planets in the Skirmish 1 galaxy.
- Existing players: if you’ve already unlocked the Main slot by colonizing 7 planets in the Pre-Beta galaxy, you’ll be able to join the Main 1 galaxy right away (as well as the Skirmish 1 galaxy if you choose to do so). If you upgrade by purchasing an Early Access copy, you’ll continue playing through your existing account, so if you’ve already unlocked the Main slot you won’t need to do so again after upgrading. All future galaxies will only be available to owners of an Early Access copy.
- The Veteran game slot will be unlocked once enough Early Access owners have unlocked access to it (at the moment you need to score 100k points on the ‘Grand Emperor’ leaderboard, but it’s likely we’ll lower this requirement). Only players that purchase the Early Access version will be able to join the Veteran galaxy.
Where to get help
- If you have trouble joining a game, check out the Join a Game page on the wiki
- If you need help with anything else, checkout the Outscape community forums
- If you’re unable to even launch the game from Steam, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Outscape Community Forum
To post in the forum you’ll need to login with your IDA Games account (you’re prompted to create an IDA Games account when you first launch Outscape from Steam).
There’s also an Outscape Discord you can use to chat with other players.
Thanks in advance to all of you that purchase an Early Access copy of Outscape. And thank you to the entire Outscape community for your support up till now, and for your continued support as we move into this new exciting chapter.
And remember – the 10% launch discount will expire in a few days. So get your copy of Outscape on Steam Early Access NOW!
– The Outscape Team