Welcome back, this is part 2 of a series of video updates that serve as a quick introduction to Beyond Dark. The galaxy is very small and the game/player has just started. If you haven’t already done so, you can find the 1st part of this video update here.
The videos on this page introduce additional environmental effects and viewpoints while covering most of the same screens as the first videos. We will go in to more depth with these screens and cover additional gameplay in future videos.
We’ll be back soon with some new material and further game updates. Thanks for the continued support!
Star Map Fly-over
- Glides in low over the star map before panning up and zooming in to a planetary system
- A pair of ships are already moving between planets before being sent to new destinations
- Toggle through planet management screens before zooming back out to star map
Large Planetary System
- Fog of war on but can make out rough area of current game galaxy (very small)
- Zooms in to a player controlled planet with radar coverage
- Subtler environmental effects with less colour
- Pass through planet management screens before ordering ship movement and panning back out to star map
If you haven’t yet signed up for Beta you can still sign up for Reserve Beta now.