Hi everyone, this is part 1 of 2 video updates we’ve put together quickly. A handful of short videos to give you all a better feel for the game. They are shot from close to the starting position of a new game/new players.
Please note also that the gameplay showcased in these videos is a work in progress, particularly in terms of the design implementation e.g. ship lighting and thruster effects, planet management screens etc. The galaxy used is also relatively tiny!
We’ll bring you the 2nd video post in a few days. In the meantime please feel free to let us know what you think in the comments below.
Planetary System & Management Screens
- FOG of war turned off to expose galaxy star map
- Mine construction ordered
- Ship selected for construction and queued
- Resources transferred to ship in planetary orbit before sending the ship to colonise nearby planet
Red & Orange Planetary Systems
- Planetary systems with red/orange environmental effects
- Pans in to two separate systems queuing a ship build in the second
- Ship is sent from planet in one system to a planet in another
Ship Movement and Close up
- Camera pans from one corner of the star map to the other
- Zooms in to system with player colonised planet
- Toggle through planet management screens
- Send a ship to another planet and zoom in to the ship in movement
Ship in Orbit
If you haven’t yet signed up for Beta you can still sign up for Reserve Beta now.