There’s a lot going on at the moment. In the week to come we’ll be releasing a new patch (hopefully Monday) and then on Thursday the experimental Alpha 3 Skirmish galaxy will launch. Are you as excited as we are?
The new patch
The wait for a new patch has been much longer than usual (the scope of the new patch was ambitious and on top of that one of the devs was ill). But the wait is almost over. We’re expecting to release it on Monday and it’s going to be the busiest patch of Alpha 3 so far:
- Smart merging for fleet management
- Nearby player scanner
- Transferring fleets and planets to other players
- New bio-farms (increase the max population size a colony can support for all organic civs – both primary and secondary populations)
- The settings panel for automated colony development
- A fix for the ‘fleets getting stuck in a planet’ bug
- And more
You’ll be able to see full details of all new features and changes in the release notes we’ll post when the patch is released.
Alpha 3 Skirmish galaxy
In case you missed Friday’s announcement – we’re launching an Alpha 3 Skirmish galaxy on Thursday April 4th at 15:00 UTC (if there are any significant issues with the new patch we may have to push the start date back a bit).[Read more…]