We’re working on alliances at the moment and wanted to preview how the first version will work. Many of you have been waiting for deeper alliance mechanics for a while and we appreciate how patient you’ve been.
Creating an Alliance
- Alliances will exist on a per-galaxy basis (at least for now)
- Anyone can create an alliance
- When creating an alliance you’ll set its name, tag and description (you’ll also be able to upload a custom logo but that probably won’t be ready right away)
- As the creator of the alliance you automatically get the ‘Leader’ role (see below)
Alliance Roles + Permissions
Initially there will be 3 roles: Leader, Consul and Member. An alliance can have one Leader and one Consul but multiple Members. Each role has the following permissions:
- Leader: Edit the alliance’s details. Transfer the Leader role to another Member. Assign the Consul role.
- Leader + Consul: Invite players to become Members of the alliance. Remove members from the alliance.
- All: Leave alliance. Alliance benefits (see below).
If the Leader leaves the galaxy the Consul automatically becomes the Leader (if there is no Consul the oldest Member becomes the Leader). When the last player leaves an alliance the alliance is deleted.
Joining an Alliance
- To join an alliance a player must be invited by the Leader or Consul
- The invitation can be accepted or declined (if a player already belongs to an alliance they must leave it before they can join another)
- The Leader or Consul can invite players from their diplomacy page: either inviting a player they already have a treaty with or by searching for them in the same way a treaty is proposed
- One private chat room for all alliance use
- Automatic non-aggression and safe passage between all alliance members
- The alliance Tag is displayed next to alliance member’s names (when implemented the alliance logo would also be displayed where it makes sense)
- Alliance leaderboards: similar to the Grand Emperor and Master of Warfare leaderboards but cumulative for active alliance members
Under Consideration: More Roles + Alliance Headquarters
We’re considering other roles too with corresponding bonuses e.g. Warlord (increased fleet limit or something similar to increase their ability to wage war), Treasurer (members could optionally or be required to pay credits to the alliance which the treasurer could distribute as needed), and Spy (related to shared visibility) – but we don’t have anything concrete yet and wouldn’t implement them for the first version.
We’re also considering an alliance headquarters building that would work in a similar way to the government building. It could be used to limit the number of alliance members or unlock the additional roles. But we’re weary about adding this additional layer of complexity unless it would really bring something to alliances.
So if you have any feedback or ideas on any of the above please let us know on the forum.
Details of how shared visibility would work and what the limitations on it would be also still need to be finalized and wouldn’t be part of the first version.
The plan is to have this version of alliances ready at the same time we launch the new fast galaxy, which as things stand will be before the end of this month.
– The Outscape dev team